Thursday, May 22, 2014

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


6644117
Cover Source: GoodReads.com

Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback.
Website: www.juliekagawa.com
*I borrow this book from a friend.

GoodReads Summary:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
So this book (series) had been on my list for quite a while. Not long after I became a part of the book blog community, I kept noticing that one ARC was definitely making it's rounds; The Iron Knight. I immediately became interested in the series and when one of my friends joined me in book blogging, I scavenged her book collection and realized she had the entire series. My husband read it, but it sat on my shelf for months and I never got to them. When I got the chance to read a few books that were not requested by the author and/or publisher, I made this one of them.

I'll be honest, there's so much hype about this series that I found myself a a little disappointed with The Iron King. Don't get me wrong, it was a great book, unique story line, and very well written, but it just didn't seem to hook me like it did everyone else. I plan on reading the rest of the books in the series because I'm very curious as to the events that will unfold and what exactly is going to happen to and between Meghan, Ash, and Puck.

Favorite Character: Ash.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png



  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment