Thursday, November 10, 2016

Review: Buffering by Hannah Hart

Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded
Author: Hannah Hart
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback
Website: www.bufferingbook.com
I received this book as a gift.

GoodReads Synopsis:
The wildly popular YouTube personality and author of the New York Times bestseller My Drunk Kitchen is back! This time, she’s stirring up memories and tales from her past.
By combing through the journals that Hannah has kept for much of her life, this collection of narrative essays deliver a fuller picture of her life, her experiences, and the things she’s figured out about family, faith, love, sexuality, self-worth, friendship and fame.
Revealing what makes Hannah tick, this sometimes cringe-worthy, poignant collection of stories is sure to deliver plenty of Hannah’s wit and wisdom, and hopefully encourage you to try your hand at her patented brand of reckless optimism.
Personal note:
Hello, my darlings! I am incredibly pleased to present BUFFERING: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded!
As a big fan of memoirs, I wanted to try my hand at writing about the events of my life that deserve a little more consideration than can be accomplished in 140-characters or a 6-minute vlog. Now on the cusp of turning 30, I'm ready to expose some parts of my life that I haven't shared before. Before, it was all about privacy, process and time. And now the time has come! I’m ready to put myself out there, for you.

I'm a little nervous about all these vulnerable words going into the world, these tales about my love life, the wrestling I’ve done with faith, how I feel about sex and my family and myself. I’ve had a lot of trials, a lot of errors, but also a lot of passion. Here’s the thing--I've always found comfort in the stories shared by others, so I hope my stories, now that I feel ready to tell them, will bring you some comfort too.
And when you read this book please remember: Buffering is just the time it takes to process.
Enjoy!
Love,
Hannah
Review:
Hannah, oh Hannah. I am a huge Hannah Hart fan. I've been watching her YouTube videos for a super long time and I never seem to get enough of her. She's funny, smart, compassionate, entertaining, and yeah, I totally have a crush on her. Thankfully, my husbands a fan too, so he doesn't mind. ;)

One of the things I've always been curious about is Hannah's past. She has shared a few little tidbits about her life growing up but has always kept any information about her family or childhood pretty tightly wrapped up. Until now, anyway.  I was insanely excited when I learned that she was writing another book and even more thrilled when I learned that it was a memoir.

I received the book for my birthday and, since I was visiting family, I couldn't sink into it until later that night, when every one else was bedded down for the night. I honestly can't even tell you how long I read, but I know that it was quite a while.I devoured chapter after chapter in no time and completely lost myself in Hannah's world.

It was shocking to learn so many of the ins and outs of her past and the conditions in which she was brought up. It was even more shocking to understand so much of it. Coming from a pretty poor town in Eastern Kentucky, I've seen and known a lot of people that have lived in similar conditions and, at some points in my life growing up, I lived in them as well. My life was no where near as extreme as Hannah's but there were many ways in which I found myself understanding and knowing what she was going through.

There's a lot to take in in Buffering; Sexuality, Religion, Family, Lust, Growth, Mental Illness, and many, many more pieces of Hannah's life and her journey. The writing was absolutely amazing and I really enjoyed the inclusion of color photos and pages from Hannah's personal journals growing up.  It's a beautiful look into a life that has been perfectly described as fully loaded and I enjoyed every second of it.

Rating: 5 Stars, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment