Friday, October 12, 2018

Review: Dracula by Bram Stoker

Dracula
Cover Source: GoodReads
Title: Dracula
Author: Bram Stoker
Narrator: L.A. Theatre Works
Version Reviewed: Finished, Audiobook
Website: www.bramstoker.org
I borrowed this audiobook from my local library.

GoodReads Synopsis:
Before Twilight and True Blood, only one vampire commanded "the children of the night." In this blood-thirsty tale of unholy terror, Count Dracula slips into Victorian London with a cargo of his native Transylvanian soil - so he can rest between victims. The city seems helpless against his frightful power, and only one man, Dr. Van Helsing, can stop the carnage. But to do this, he must uncover the vampire's lair and pierce his heart with a wooden stake. A L.A. Theatre Works full cast performance with: Denise Carole, Sheelagh Cullen, John Glover, Karl Miller, Lisa O'Hare, Moira Quirk, David Selby, Andre Sogliuzzo, Simon Templeman, Nick Toren and Matthew Wolf.
Review:
Dracula is one of those books that I've wanted to read for years. Unfortunately, I often aspire to read many classics but, in the end, find myself bored by them. That is what happened when I sat down anda attempted to read my hardback copy of Dracula. I tried many times to get into the story but just couldn't do it.

When the L.A. Theatre Works's version popped up in my local library's weekly feature, I thought 'why not give it a try?'. And so I did. Listening to a full cast put on the theatrical version of this story definitely made for a fun and interesting read. Though I'm still not a huge fan of Stoker's original story, listening to this version, though abridged, was a lot nicer for me.

Rating: 3 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment