Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review: Unbroken by Melody Grace

Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Unbroken
Author: Melody Grace
Series: Beachwood Bay #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
Website: www.melodygracebooks.com
I purchased this book myself.

GoodReads Synopsis:
"Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane. Emerson Ray was my hurricane...."
Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Beachwood Bay—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch could set Juliet ablaze. Their love was demanding and all-consuming, but when summer ended, tragedy tore them apart. Juliet swore she’d never go back, and she’s kept that promise… Until now.
Four years later, Juliet’s done her best to rebuild the wreckage of her shattered life. She’s got a great boyfriend, and a steady job planned after she graduates. Returning to Beachwood to pack up her family’s beach house to prepare it for sale, Juliet is determined that nothing will stand in the way of her future. But one look from Emerson, and all her old desire comes flooding back. He let her go once, but this time, he’s not giving up without a fight. And Emerson fights dirty.
A heartbreaking history. An unstoppable passion. Torn between her past and future, Juliet struggles to separate love from desire. But will they find a way to overcome their tragic secrets—together? And after so much damage has been done, can a love remain unbroken?
Review:
(This review was originally written in 2013 but never posted).
I added this book to my GoodReads To-Read list when I first heard about it.  I didn't realize that I had Melody Grace on Facebook until she started posting about the book going live on Amazon. I bought it on my Kindle within the hour and spent the next three and half reading it.  I was instantly pulled in. This was a book that I didn't want to put down. I read the entire thing really quickly.

It was very well written (with the exception of some errors along the way) and the characters were easy to get to know.  As I stated already, the story itself was easy to fall into and I completely lost myself in it.  The setting was beautiful to imagine and actually kind of reminded me of a little tourist beach town that I experienced with my dad and my sister one summer in North Carolina.

I would definitely read this book again, even if it was just for the sexy, brooding Emerson. ;)

Rating: 4 Stars.
Character: Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment