Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Review: The Curse of The Mummy's Tomb by R.L. Stine

The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Curse of The Mummy's Tomb
Author: R.L. Stine
Series: Goosebumps #5
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback
Website: www.rlstine.com
I received this book as a gift.

GoodReads Synopsis:
Something Dead Has Been Here...
Gabe just got lost - in a pyramid. One minute, his crazy cousin Sari was right ahead of him in the pyramid tunnel. The next minute, she'd disappeared.
But Gabe isn't alone. Someone else is in the pyramid, too.
Someone. Or some thing.
Gabe doesn't believe in the curse of the mummy's tomb. But that doesn't mean that the curse isn't real.
Does it?




Review:
This is one of those Goosebumps books that I never got the chance to read as a kid so I had no idea what to expect from this particular story.  It was neat to see one of the books focus more on the human side of things instead of just putting everything up to a paranormal entity. I really enjoy the way R.L. Stine plays on the human aspect of fear and the campy quality of the jump scares and cliffhangers at the end of every chapter. Had I read this as a child I would have deeply enjoyed it and I'm glad that, now as an adult, I can still get a kick out of them.  I cannot wait until my children are old enough to read Goosebumps. I know they're going to love them.

Rating: 4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment