Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
Cover Source:  GoodReads.com
Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and The French Kiss #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, paperback

GoodReads Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
I had heard so much hype about this book that when I finally got a chance to get my hands on it, I couldn't resist.  I am a sucker for YA Contemporary Romance so there was no reason for me not to read it.

Well...I was immediately sucked into the story line and read it every chance that I got.  I have to admit that the writing style irked me a little bit at first, though I'm not exactly sure why.  I loved the characters, the setting and the story so much that Anna and The French Kiss was a very quick read for me.

I don't think I'm as crazy about it as a lot of people are, but I can't deny that it was a damn good YA Contemporary.  I would definitely read it again.


Character:  St. Clair.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*I bought this book with my own money.




post signature

2 comments:

  1. i wanted to hate this book because the title was so dumb/corny, but i loved it!

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way! Titles are a big thing for me and I'm really not too fond of these titles. In my opinion they're too...generic?

      Delete