Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Blood by K.J. Wignall

Blood (Mercian Trilogy #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Blood
Author: K.J. Wignall
Series: Mercian Trilogy #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook
Website:  www.kjwignall.com

GoodReads Summary:
"I do not remember being bitten. I wish I did, for then I would know the creature who did this to me and I would have a purpose, to track him down and repay him for the poisoned gift he gave me." Back in the 13th Century, Will was destined to be Earl of Mercia. He never lived to inherit his title, struck down by a strange illness and buried beneath the city walls. But Will was not dead, and only now, seven lonely centuries later, does he begin to understand that there was a reason for all of this, that he has a destiny. To find it though, he will need help, and as ever, he will need blood.
Blood was a very different read than I expected it to be. It's not your average vampire book and is very different from the majority that are out right now. I actually enjoyed that and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

It seems like it took me forever to read this book, but don't get me wrong it wasn't the books fault. For some reason I just lacked the interest of reading books on my computer this past month. But every single time I would sit down and continue on through another chapter, another physical and mental battle of Will, Earl of Mercia, I didn't want to stop.

The story itself is one that has you guessing the entire time. There are little things here and there that you figure out or that you expect, but as a whole you really have no idea what is going on. But in a good way. It's not a book that is easily figured out. It kept you intrigued and curious. And that ending! I'm dying to know what is going to happen in the next book. I was not expecting that cliffhanger at all!

The characters are very well created in my opinion, you immediately feel for Will and understand his situation and kind of wish you could make it better. I have to admit that Eloise was my favorite character of all those in the novel. I love her style, her smart mouth, her independence, and her strength. She brought a modern touch to a character that needed it.

This book was amazing and I recommend it to anyone that hasn't had a chance to pick it up yet. Also...does the guy on the cover remind anyone else of Jackson Rathbone?


Favorite Character:
Rating:  4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*This book was provided for free by the publishers for review.

 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment