Friday, June 14, 2013

Review: Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan

Boy Meets Boy
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Boy Meets Boy
Author: David Levithan
Series:
Version Reviewed: Finished, paperback.

GoodReads Summary:
This is the story of Paul, a sophomore at a high school like no other: The cheerleaders ride Harleys, the homecoming queen used to be a guy named Daryl (she now prefers Infinite Darlene and is also the star quarterback), and the gay-straight alliance was formed to help the straight kids learn how to dance.

When Paul meets Noah, he thinks he’s found the one his heart is made for. Until he blows it. The school bookie says the odds are 12-to-1 against him getting Noah back, but Paul’s not giving up without playing his love really loud. His best friend Joni might be drifting away, his other best friend Tony might be dealing with ultra-religious parents, and his ex-boyfriend Kyle might not be going away anytime soon, but sometimes everything needs to fall apart before it can really fit together right.
I had seem this book on GoodReads a little while back and immediately wanted to read it.  I love LGBT books, especially YA.  Dealing with being gay is a hard situation and something that tugs at my heartstrings.

When I began reading Boy Meets Boy, I immediately though of Glee, minus the singing and dancing.  Paul reminded me of one of the characters and I couldn't help but see the boy who dresses in drag on the show as Infinite Darlene.

I really liked this book, but parts of it seemed very unrealistic to me.  But hey, Paul lives in a completely different place than I do, so what do I know?

The book was decently written, a really quick read and had some heart-tugging moments.  I could see this as a television show, no doubt.


Character:  Noah and Tony.
Rating: 3 Stars.
 photo blue3.png
*I bought this book with my own money.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment