Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: It Is Said by Edward Medina

11841865
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: It Is Said
Author: Edward Medina
Series: Mathias Bootmaker and the Keepers of The Sandbox #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook

GoodReads Summary:
It Is Said (MBKS1), the first book in the Mathias Bootmaker and the Keepers of the Sandbox trilogy, is a dark fantasy, steampunk adventure full of mysteries, riddles and secrets. This unique tale of redemption is also an Amazon top ten Fantasy and Action Adventure bestseller.
This is the story of Mathias Bootmaker, a young man searching for the better parts of himself. His search for what he's lost begins an amazing journey through a world of extreme imagination. A world he helped to create, but a world he can't remember anything about. It's the story of his life, the birth of creativity, and the true power of the energy all around us.
The world of It Is Said (MBKS1) is a dream embedded within a nightmare. A maze inside a labyrinth. It reads like an adventure. It plays like a thriller. It's designed to make you question every place you go and every character you meet. It's designed to be a puzzle you must solve. Turn the pages. Follow the path. Keep an eye out for clues. Beware of traps. But most important of all… you must not fear the Darke.
I accepted the review for It Is Said a few months ago, but I never actually got around to reading it until now. I've spoken to the author on numerous occasions and he was very nice and enjoyable to talk with.

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I just couldn't get stuck in this book. I tried, I really did. But I found myself getting easily distracted while reading and it was hard for me to get into the story, stay focused on it, and understand what exactly was going on. Mathias Bootmaker just isn't the type of book for me. But I'm not saying it's bad. Someone that likes different types of books than me would definitely enjoy this novel. It just wasn't for me.


Rating: 2 Stars.
 photo blue2.png
*This book was provided for free by the author for review.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment