Saturday, September 27, 2014

Review: Tris & Izzie by Mettie Ivie Harrison

Tris & Izzie
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Tris & Izzie
Author: Mettie Ivie Harrison
Series:
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook.
Website: www.mettieivieharrison.com
*This book was provided for free by the publishers for review.


GoodReads Summary:
A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.




Review:
Alright, first off I absolutely adore the cover of this novel! I think it's one of my favorites! It's so beautiful in a romantic, serene kind of way. It definitely gets an A+ in my eyes. It's everything I'd want a cover to be (for this story anyway).

I was introduced to this novel a little while ago on other book blogs. It was being reviewed and author interviews were popping up everywhere. As soon as I took a look at the cover, I knew I wanted to read it. So to GoodReads I went. The summary for Tris & Izzie had me hooked as well. I desperately wanted to read this book. So after a little research, and finally delving into the world of NetGalley, it was once and for all in my hands (or on my computer screen, I should say...).

When I opened it up, I quickly lost myself within the pages. I could not stop reading it. I was instantly hooked. I ended up sitting on the computer for hours doing nothing but reading Tris & Izzie. I finished it the same day and was a little sad when I was done. I wanted to keep reading.

There was so much about this novel to love; interesting characters, romance, magic, and teenage angst. I have to admit though, the romance and magic is what got me and held my attention. When I read the first few chapters, I was instantly intrigued by the magic and how it was used and portrayed. It made the story desirable and even more interesting to the reader.

The only thing I can think of that could have made the book better is if it had gone a little more slowly. I feel like the book itself, as well as the characters and the situations they were put in, were a little bit rushed. Everything happened a bit quickly. But hey, I don't know anything about other-wordly beasts and a magical whirlwind romance.

I loved this novel.


Memorable Quote:
"If you knew exactly who you were going to fall in love with before it happened, then everything would be a lot easier. But you didn't get to plan things like that beforehand. You just had to scramble and figure things out once they happened."
Rating:
5 Stars
 photo blue5.png



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment