Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide (Twilight, #4.5)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Series: Twilight #4.5
Version Reviewed: Finished, Hardback
Website: www.stepheniemeyer.com
*I bought this book with my own money.


GoodReads Summary:
This must-have hardcover edition-the only official guide-is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. This comprehensive handbook-essential for every Twilight Saga fan-is full-color throughout with nearly 100 gorgeous illustrations and photographs and with exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more.
Review:
I've been meaning to write this review for a while, but every time I sat down to do it, something came up. So today, it's my day off and I have nothing to do but clean later. It's raining outside, the air is cool, and I'm as comfortable as I could be. Fall is in the air and I cannot wait.

If you don't already know, I am a huge Twilight fan. I've loved it from the very beginning and I'm still crazy over it. So I was excited when I learned this book was being done. I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available, but my husband and I moved to Ohio and my mother ended up getting the package. She kept forgetting to send it to me, and when we moved back...she lost it. So after a few months, I finally got to read it. I was not disappointed.

This book was amazing, beautiful words, and illustrations fit for them. The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide is a very in depth view at the characters and backstory. An illustrated journey into the world of Twilight. It makes me almost desperate to re-read the series.

There's so much information that we, as readers, would never have known about the characters, events, and mysteries in the world of Stephenie Myer and her books.

I only had one complaint about this book. At times it seemed very repetitive, but honestly, with a book like this, there's no way it can't be repetitive at some point, with all the characters and their stories weaving together in so many different ways.

This is a must-read for fans of The Twilight Saga.

Rating:
5 Stars
 photo blue5.png



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment