Friday, January 22, 2016

Review: Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Forever My Girl
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Series: Beaumont Series #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
Website:  www.heidimclaughlin.com
I purchased this book myself.


GoodReads Synopsis:
I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.
Review:
*This review was orignally written in 2014 but was never posted.

I heard about this book when it first came out but didn't pay much attention to it. I was looking for something new to read since I had been crashing through my TBR pile and this one popped up in my recommended reads on my Kindle. So I bought it... and finished it the next day. I could have finished it all in one sitting but I put it down once my husband came home from work. You know, family time and all. :)

I really enjoyed Forever My Girl. I liked the small town feel of it even though Liam is a rockstar in Los Angeles. The book was really well written, the story was great and the characters were easy to fall in love with. The only thing I wish could have been added was a little resolution between Josie and a character very close to her.

I really loved this book and can't wait to read the next in the Beaumont series.

Rating: 4 Stars.
Character: Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment