Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Three, Two, One (321) by J.A. Huss

Three, Two, One (321)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Three, Two, One (321)
Author: J.A. Huss
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
Website: www.jahuss.com
I purchased this book myself.


GoodReads Synopsis:
ONE GIRL
Battered, barefoot, and huddled under a bookstore awning in the pouring rain, Blue only knows one thing. After fifteen months of captivity, finally… she is free.
TWO FRIENDS
Self-made millionaires JD and Ark are not out to save anyone when they stumble upon a wet and shivering girl one early Sunday morning. But when you sell sex for a living and salvation rings your bell… you answer the call.
THREE SOULMATES
After years of searching, love lifts the veil of darkness, and three people—with three very big secrets—find themselves bound together in a relationship that defies the odds.
Or does it?
Love. Lust. Sex.

This trinity might be perfection… but not everything should come in 3’s.
WARNING: This is a STANDALONE non-traditional M/F/M ROMANCE with a non-traditional ending.
Review:
Wow. Just wow. That is my initial response after finishing Three, Two, One. I don't even really know where to begin with this review.  Honestly this book kind of blew my mind in a lot of ways.  There was so much to it, so much of an intricacy that I didn't expect. I started reading Three, Two, One thinking that it was going to be a smutty threesome romance full of delicious sex and heated lust-filled moments.  It definitely was all of those things but I didn't expect it to be so much more.

This is only the second book I've read by J.A. Huss but so far I'm noticing a common occurrence in her books.  They make me uncomfortable.  But not necessarily in a bad way.  Her writing, characters, and stories make me think really hard about the sort of things that I'm into, things that I had never been faced with in a book before. Am I appalled by this character or attracted to them? Am I disgusted and disturbed by what just happened or am I turned on?  Is there more to what just happened or am I thinking to much into it? All of the scenes in this book are like puzzle pieces, each deliciously exciting all on it's own, but you never know exactly how it fits into the story until the very end when the bigger picture finally comes into focus.

These three characters were sexy and perfect together, they held each other up and provided exactly what the others needed.  Individually, they were each so broken, fucked up and so insanely twisted with lies that they couldn't stand on their own legs.  They needed each other in all the messed up, confusing ways that they couldn't even really understand.  And it worked.  But each character had their own demons, some more than others, and each of them broke my heart. The big secrets revealed at the ends tore me to pieces and I didn't want any of it to be true.  I wanted everything to be okay, for these people to work out all of their issues and for them to fall back into bed together and everything that was wrong in their world to become right.  But the characters had their own ideas of what should take place. And they definitely took readers on a journey.

We do actually get a happily ever after in the end but it comes as a surprise all on it's own. It isn't what we expect it to be but it's perfect and is exactly as it needed to be.

I loved this book.

Rating: 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment