Thursday, June 30, 2016

Goodbye, Texas - Hello, Kentucky

So, leaving Texas was a bittersweet moment. I was excited because I would be returning to Kentucky for the rest of the summer and I would get to spend some time with my family and friends in my hometown. It was sad, however, because it was just Bella and I travelling alone together. We had to leave Brad behind because he had to continue working in Amarillo.
Bella and I flew, just the two of us, back from Amarillo to Kentucky, with one layover in Dallas. I was super nervous beforehand because I had never flown before. It was on my bucket list and I was excited to check that goal off my list, but at the same time, I had a lot of anxiety about going through security and dealing with all of the craziness of the airport. It made it even worse that I was flying alone with my two year old and had absolutely no idea what I was doing.
Our flight ended up getting cancelled twice due to weather in Dallas but we eventually made it on the plane. Travelling (at least on this day) and maneuvering through the airports was not an issue at all. It was pretty simple and easy to figure out. The first plane ride made my head and tummy feel a little weird, but I chocked that up to my body freaking out a bit because it had never been so high up before. Once we boarded the second flight after our layover, the ride was smooth sailing. :)
Although I am super sad that I had to leave my husband behind in Texas, I'm excited to get to spend some time in my hometown and have some fun with my friends and family before we move, permanently, to Ohio in late summer/early fall.
So goodbye, Texas. Hello, Kentucky.
Check out the video of our trip below!

No comments:

Post a Comment