Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Confess
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Confess
Author: Colleen Hoover
Version Reviewed: Finished, Audiobook
Narrators: Elizabeth Louise, Sebastian York
Website: www.colleenhoover.com
I borrowed this audiobook from my local library.

GoodReads Synopsis:
Auburn Reed is determined to rebuild her shattered life and she has no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to become deeply attracted to the studio’s enigmatic artist, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a chance and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is hiding a huge secret. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything Auburn loves most, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it—but can she do it?
 Review:
I've never been a listener of audiobooks. It's just never been my thing. Listening to others read has always ended in one of two ways. I zone out and lose concentration or I fall asleep. My husband, on the other hand, loves audiobooks because he can listen to them in the car or at work or while he's doing stuff outside. He devours stories this way, listening to one book after another. At his insistence, I decided to finally give audiobooks another try. I could listen to them in the few moments of rest during the day or at night when I'm putting the baby to sleep. After successfully listen to a self help book of his recommendation, I decided to venture out into books that I've always wanted to read. Confess was one of those books. I was happy to learn that my library offers digital content as well as physical books and I downloaded Confess and dug in.

I was hooked from the very second that I began listening. Auburn and Adam had a story that sucked me in and made me want to learn more about their relationship. I honestly wish that there was a prequel to Confess so that I could fall more in love with Adam the way he and Auburn fell in love with one another.

The story quickly jumped forward quite a bit, something I wasn't really expecting but welcomed. I was eager to see where Auburn's life had taken her but sad that her life had turned out so upside down. I enjoyed everything about her first encounter with Owen and quickly found myself hanging on their every word.

Owen and Auburn are characters that are easy to love their personalities and talents make the story so much more mesmerizing. I love the idea of Owen's artwork and the confessions.

By the end of the story, once everything is tied up together, I was almost in tears. The ending of this book was so insanely beautiful and blew my mind with the flashback. It was a great representation of the one part of the story that was kept a secret the entire time. It was definitely worth the wait.

I really enjoyed this book by Colleen Hoover and I plan to dig into her other works really soon.

Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment