Friday, June 29, 2018

Review: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: The Maze Runner #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback & Audiobook
Narrator: Mark Deakins
Website: www.jamesdashner.com
I purchased the paperback myself and the audiobook was borrowed from my local library.

GoodReads Synopsis:
If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.
Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.
Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.
Everything is going to change.
Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.
Remember. Survive. Run.
 Review:
Wow! What a great book! It's been a while since I've read a book in this genre, The Hunger Games being the last that I remember, so I was due for another dystopian.  After watching the movie when it first came out, I immediately added the book to my TBR list and knew that I had to read it.  I'm glad that I did!

This book is so full of twists and turns and shocking revelations. I actually wish that I could have read the book before watching the movie so that I could have been truly surprised by all of the plot twists. Even still, I deeply enjoyed learning everything about the maze, the glade, and WICKED right along with the characters. It was fun to read along with Thomas and the other Gladers and wonder what roll they all played in their surroundings and how they were related to The Creators.

I couldn't get enough of this book and I didn't want to put it down. Once I started, I needed to know what was going to happen next and, even though I'd seen the movie, the book was an adventure all it's own. I loved how each and every character had a specific personality and brought something different to the story. Half way through the book I knew that I was going to have to continue on with the series.

The Maze Runner is a great read!

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment