Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Review: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

IG: rainydaysandpjs
Title: Juliet Immortal
Author: Stacey Jay
Series: Juliet Immortal #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Hardback
Website: www.staceyjay.com

GoodReads Synopsis:
These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.
-William Shakespeare, ROMEO AND JULIET
Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, who made the sacrifice to ensure his own immortality. But Romeo didn't anticipate that Juliet would be granted eternal life as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light.
For seven hundred years, Juliet has struggled to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent, while Romeo has fought for the dark side, seeking to destroy the human heart. Until now.
Now Juliet has found her own forbidden love, and Romeo, O Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy their happiness.
Secrets unfold and surprises abound in Stacey Jay's powerfully dark romance, which reunites literature's most tragic couple.
 Review:
I've been interested and curious about this book for quite some time. I am a sucker for Romeo & Juliet. I've always loved the story. When I was little, I watched the Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes version so many times that my mother actually stopped letting me watch it. I later bought the movie in my teens and still watch it today. So it's safe to say that this hooked me in and I was dying to read it. "The greatest love story ever told is a lie." How could I not want to read it after that tagline?

I read the book really quickly. In one day, actually. It was very well written and the story was great. It was a great and interesting twist to the love story we all know (or have at least heard of). Stacey Jay had an awesome imagination. The characters she created are dark and beautiful. The story was hauntingly good and left me wanting to seek out more fiction based on Shakespeare's characters.

Definitely a book I would read again.

Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment