Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: The Immortals #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback

GoodReads Summary:
After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact to suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school — but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste.
Damen is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head - wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea just who he really is - or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.

This is a re-read and review.

I first read Evermore a while back. It had already been out for a while but even though I was absolutely in love with the cover, I never allowed myself to pick it up. Finally, I gave in and bought it. And I fell in love instantly.

There's pretty much nothing I dislike about this series. There's a real life element to it, it's not completely thrown into a fantasy world, and I tend to lean more towards books that have a real world element to them among magic and mayhem. This book definitely delivered.

I love the paranormal aspect and the fact that you can't quite figure out exactly what's going on. Throughout the book, you obviously fall in love with Ever and lust after Damen, but you can't really figure out if Damen is a good guy, or a bad guy. If he's a good guy, why does he do bad things? If he's a bad guy, what is his real motive? There are so many things that happen in the book with the story line as well as the characters that you definitely don't get until you've already read further ahead and then go back and re-read. A lot of stuff makes a heck of a lot of sense after you know what's going on. I love books like this and I felt like the characters were very well developed.

My only complaint about Evermore is that the situation with Drina could have played a larger part in the novel. It seems she only becomes a big part when she and Ever have it out. You know there's something going on there because of the oddness of her actions and Haven going so crazy about her. But you never really know that she plays such a big part until the very end of the book. I wish a few more hints had been dropped or the underlying story line could have played a larger role.



Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*I bought this book with my own money.








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment