Saturday, September 21, 2013

Review: Getting The Mercury Out by Aine Ni Cheallaigh

11803782
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Getting The Mercury Out
Author: Aine Ni Cheallaigh
Series:
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback

GoodReads Summary:
At the age of 30, Aine Ni Cheallaigh began to develop mysterious symptoms. Her health was eroding and she felt that she was aging faster than everyone around her. Suspecting that toxins were to blame, she had her mercury fillings removed. But restoring her health wasn't going to be that simple. Over the following months, she found herself catapulted into a nightmare of mental and physical illness. Getting the Mercury Out follows this ordinary woman's quest to solve her health mystery. Can she cure a disease that the medical establishment won't even admit is real? Can she find a treatment that will restore her to health and sanity? Sometimes funny, often heart-wrenching, this book is a deeply engaging story of personal struggle and endurance. It's an eye-opener for those who are curious about mercury poisoning, and an absolute must-read for anyone grappling with the desperate search for healing.
I love the cover of this book! It's one of those that catches your eye even though it's very minimalistic just because of how pretty it is.

I normally don't read memoirs, but for some reason this one caught my attention when I was entering giveaways on GoodReads. I was very interested in this story and how it would unfold. And let me say, it held my attention. It's so hard to believe that this woman (the author) went through all of the stuff in the book. Some of the situations and health problems that are described sometimes make you feel like you're reading a work of fiction. But oh, no. What you're reading is real life. The problems that she went through really scare you and make you feel for her on a personal level. I could never imagine going through all of that!

I actually enjoyed this book and it gave me some insight into the world of mercury poisoning, something that I honestly did not know existed before I stumbled upon Getting The Mercury Out.

This book is a definite must read for anyone suffering from, think they may have, or just want to find out more about mercury poisoning. And just like the author, maybe you don't know you have it until you hear about someone else's case. 


Rating: 3 Stars
 photo blue3.png
*I won this book through Goodreads First Reads giveaways.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment