Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: Torch by Cambria Hebert

18249443
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Torch
Author: Cambria Hebert
Series: Take It Off #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook

GoodReads Summary:
If you can’t take the heat… stay away from the flame.
Katie Parks has been on her own since the age of fifteen. All she’s ever wanted is a place to call her own—a life that is wholly hers that no one can take away. She thought she finally had it, but with the strike of a single match, everything she worked so hard for is reduced to a pile of smoking ash. And she almost is too.
Now she’s being stalked by someone who’s decided it’s her time to die. The only thing standing in the path of her blazing death is sexy firefighter Holt Arkain.
Katie’s body might be safe with Holt… but her heart is another story.
As the danger heats up, sparks fly and the only thing Katie knows for sure is that her whole life is about to go up in flames.
 I was super excited when I got the chance to get my hands on an ARC of Torch and started it pretty soon after.  It took me a few days to finish it, though I could have gotten it done a lot sooner.  I had some problems with the formatting of the book on my Kindle and ended up reading it on my phone (I know, hard to believe it worked better on there, but it did).

It's safe to say that this book is amazing.  I absolutely loved it.  It jumps straight into the action which kind of surprised me at first, but it sucks you in instantly and never lets go.  All the twists and turns that Katie (I almost wrote Freckles...) has to go through.  Cambria did a great job of making her attackers remain a mystery until it was time for them to be revealed.  I honestly had no idea who was behind it throughout the entire book and I'm usually pretty good at figuring those things out.

And Holt.  Oh, Holt.  Yum.  The heat in this book is delicious and not just in a raunchy way.  It's done in a way that makes you feel and want more.  I know I do.  I can't wait to read the rest of this series.


Character: Holt.
Rating: 4 Stars.
 photo blue4.png
*This book was provided for free by the author for review.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment