Thursday, October 22, 2015

Review: Night of The Living Dummy by R.L. Stine

Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Night of The Living Dummy
Author: R.L. Stine
Series: Goosebumps #7
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback (used)
Website: www.rlstine.com
*I purchased this book with a gifted gift card*

GoodReads Summary:
Discover the original bone-chilling adventures that made Goosebumps one of the bestselling children's book series of all time!
Something scary is happening in GOOSEBUMPS HORRORLAND, the all-new, all-terrifying series by R. L. Stine. Just how scary? You'll never know unless you crack open this classic prequel!
Discover the fan-favorite thriller and chiller that first introduced the world to the wooden face of fear. The puppet who pulls all the strings. None other than Slappy the Dummy!
Now with all-new bonus material revealing Slappy's secrets and more.
Review:
As big of a fan as I am of Goosebumps and everything Goosebumps related, I must admit that I haven't actually read many of the Goosebumps books. But this is something that I am quickly remedying, especially now that I have my own child and I read chapter books to her.

I was super excited to snatch this book up. I bought it used on Barnes and Noble and was delighted to find that it was in perfect condition.  It was seriously like it had never even been opened.  I wanted to tear into it as soon as I could but ended up reading the Goosebumps Movie Novel first.  That was okay though because it only increased my enthusiasm for the book and for Slappy.

Since I had never read Night of The Living Dummy before I was kind of confused throughout the book.  I was under the impression that the entire story was about Slappy and didn't realize that he actually wasn't the star of this book.  He was in the whole story but wasn't the main spooky character.  I kept waiting and waiting for him to throwdown with all of his hardcore creepiness but he pretty much sat in a chair a window throughout the whole thing.

Although I was surprised at this, it didn't lessen my enthusiasm for the book.  Slappy or no Slappy, Mr. Wood made the story fun and creepy.  I really enjoyed this one because I've had some creepy encounters with dolls and my husband highly dislikes them so the idea of a creepy doll/dummy doing things it shouldn't be doing was super freaky.

I really loved this introduction back into my childhood and I cannot wait to read more of the series.

Rating: 3 Stars  



CODE WORD: SLAPPY

No comments:

Post a Comment