Monday, November 9, 2015

The Write Space with Ronald Sauciron

Click here to check out all the other entries in The Write Space!

Hey guys!  I'm excited to bring you guys another installment of The Write Space. Today we have author Ronald Saucier showing off his office and writing space! Welcome Ronald!


The Write Space with Ronald Sauciron
My writing process begins at my desk next to the window. This is where my research begins, the most important part of the project. At this point I have a potential theme in mind or a request from a client. My desk space is comprised of three modules. The main module is the horizontal plane where my manual writing takes place. The smaller module to the right of the chair houses some of the numerous print material I use in my research. The documents are comprised of print material that are updated on a monthly basis. The module on the left of the chair contains additional research documents and vertical file folders. I chose this room because it is isolated from the noisier areas of the house.

Upon completion of my research, I move to the production room where the “T” is located. The “T” is also comprised of three modules. Module one is the vertical section of the “T” where my laptop is located. My desktop computer, modem, router, and printer are located to the right of the vertical section. The left side is the module where my manual drafting board is located. As a person who is accustomed to manual devices, this is where I produce my diagrams. Since my laptop is centrally located between both right and left modules, it is easily accessible from both sides.

The desktop computer on the right side is where the final writing process is performed. This entire layout was not produced on a whim. It was carefully devised from flow charts produced on the left module of the “T” and has served me well during my years of writing online articles and writing my three books.

---
Books by Ronald Sauciron
Health Springs Eternal: A Holistic Approach To Women's Health Issues
Health Springs Eternal: A Holistic Approach To Women's Health Issues
Finally, There's a book devoted to women's health issues. And to make matters even better, it promotes a holistic approach to healing and prevention, eliminating the need for drugs and their pesky side effects. This book reveals a multitude of startling facts that some of you may not be aware of. For example, there's a food additive that's in a lot of what we eat and drink, and it's doing serious harm to us and our children. Find out what it is and how it is adversely affecting our health.
Amazon | GoodReads

---

Back in the 1990's my stepfather died, leaving my mother alone in their two story house. She had
fallen in the past and I was constantly worrying about her falling in the house alone. I asked her if she would like to move in with me and she gave me the typical mother answer. “No I don't want to be a burden”.

A few months later, we both came to the conclusion that she could not function efficiently without help. We were both totally against sending her to a nursing home, so I insisted she move in with me.

She had a few physical challenges like an arthritic knee and arthritic hip which required the use of a walker and in later years, a wheelchair. As time went on, she required more and more undivided personal care which I gladly provided. I was self employed and working out of my house so the upgrade in the intensity of care was not a problem.

One day she was late for breakfast so I went to her room to check on her. I found her in the bed struggling to sit upright and unable to speak. I picked her up, put her in my car and drove her to the hospital in twelve minutes using a route I had previously mapped out.

After waiting, for what seemed like an eternity, the ER doctor approached me and said. “Your mother has had a mini stroke but she has come through it remarkably well. She has exhibited no paralysis or speech impediments.

Several years later, however, she began to act strangely. She would get lost in our house and demand to be taken home when she was at home. So I decided to take her to a neurologist for evaluation. His results hit me like a truck load of bricks. Those mini strokes my mother suffered years earlier had caused brain damage resulting in a domino effect of brain cell deterioration.

I asked the doctor what could be done to stop the cell deterioration and his answer was
“nothing”. My mother had just received a death sentence from her doctor. He had given up on her condition but I was not going to.

Since mainstream medicine had given up on my mother I decided to look into the attributes of holistic medicine. I was not going to let my mother die without a fight. This is the person who took care of me when I was sick, she deserved the same from me. While caring for her her at home, I conducted research on holistic medicine. I would get a sitter for her then attend seminars, attend trade shows, and interview anyone who was willing to talk to me, taking extensive notes in the process.

I fought hard and long but I eventually lost the fight. I had started too late in her illness. The house suddenly seemed so empty and quiet. I became depressed and reclusive. I had fought so hard for so long and achieved nothing.

Then it came to me. Since I had a mountain of notes from all my research, why not transform that mountain into a book so others could benefit from my research. That inspired me to continue my research and continue writing. I'm sure you have heard the old adage “An Ounce Of Prevention Is Worth A Pound Of Cure”. Truer words have rarely been spoken. Preventing an ailment is quicker, less expensive, and less stressful than treating an ailment that has had time to anchor itself into your body. There is another adage that is less popular but just as important and it goes like this, “A High Quality Of Life Is More Important Than Life Itself”.

No comments:

Post a Comment