Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis

15735609
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Ignite
Author: Kaitlyn Davis
Series: Midnight Fire Series #1
Version Reviewed: ARC, eBook

GoodReads Summary:
"With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death." 
When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.
I immediately accepted this book when I received a request to review it - or as quick as the schedule would allow. It sounded like a good book and I was excited to read it.

In the beginning, I'll be honest, I compared it to Twilight quite a bit. It had a few twists, but it still had the same basic beginning. As the story continued I got more into it and the story got a little more complex and interesting. It was really well written and I enjoyed the characters and the ideas that the author had come up with.

The only problem I had was that I became a little bored by about the last twenty pages. I did enjoy it as a whole, however.


Favorite Character: Luke.
Rating: 3 Stars.
 photo blue3.png
*This book was provided for free by the author for review.

 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment