Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review: Haunted by R.L. Stine

Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Haunted
Author: R.L. Stine
Series: Fear Street #7
Version Reviewed: Finished, Paperback
Website: www.rlstine.com
*I purchased this book myself*

GoodReads Summary:
A ghost from the future is haunting Melissa and it's up to the two of them to prevent a young man's death from ever happening.












Review: 
Oh, it's been way too long since I last read a Fear Street book. The nostalgia is hitting me hardcore. As I was growing up, R.L. Stine was my favorite author and Fear Street was my favorite book series. I can't help but be extremely ecstatic that he has begun writing books for the series again!

So, Haunted is number seven in the Fear Street series. I loved the cover for this one and I knew that I had to read it so that I could post the review during October.  This is one of the Fear Street books that I had never actually read so I was excited to get into it.

I admit that there were moments when Melissa, the main character, kind of got on my nerves. At times, I felt like she was kind of unreasonable and annoying. But not as bad as Buddy, her boyfriend. I hate to say that he was pretty reminiscent of some actual teenage boys because he was pushy, rude, and kind of self-centered, but it's the truth.

One character that I did really like was Paul. Although he was a pretty big jerk and had an alcohol problem and issues with anger, I found him very interesting. It was obvious that there was more to his story and it makes me wish that the Fear Street books were bigger and longer so that I could figure him out. Or, maybe, he's simply not meant to be figured out?

The story itself was pretty good. It was pretty easy to figure out but these books are never super duper complicated.

Overall, it had it's issues but it was just as equally as amazing as I remember R.L. Stine's books to be.

Favorite Character: Paul.
Rating: 3 Stars.

CODE WORD: FEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment