Thursday, December 10, 2015

Review: The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry

The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Air He Breathes
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Series: The Elements Series #1
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook.
*I purchased this book myself*

GoodReads Synopsis:
I was warned about Tristan Cole.
“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”
It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.
But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.
We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.
Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.
Review:
Just like the last book I reviewed, I am, again, unsure of where to begin.  But with this book, for an entirely different reason.  Sometimes there's a book so good that it wraps around your heart, takes over your mind and leaves you a little unstable. You can't find the right words to speak or the correct sentences to type and The Air He Breathes is one of them. It kept me up at night in the best of ways. This book is so amazing that, only 35% into it, I had to stop and post about it on Facebook. I informed everyone that this is a "drop everything and read it now" book and I still stand by that statement. In the first sentence, I was hooked. In the first chapter, I knew this book was something special and, at less than half way through, I had already cried about four times. If a book can draw that much emotion in such a short period of time, it's a damn good read.

Tristan and Elizabeth are both broken characters.   They are both haunted by the same ghosts and the events that changed their lives forever. They're shattered by the memories that they can't change, by the life that they were forced to give up. They each needed a savior and they managed to find that haven in the other, despite their raw hearts.

The story and it's characters are so insanely beautiful and dark in their pain and it's words like Cherry's that feel real and not at all like a book but like honest to God people that have lost their way.  There's something so achingly lovely about two people so broken and so lost in their depression that their only way out is someone in just as much pain.

I couldn't get enough of The Air He Breathes and it instantly put the author on my radar. With words this amazing, characters so real and a story that can break your heart into a million tiny pieces, there's no denying that Brittainy C. Cherry is an amazing storyteller.  This was five out of five stars, a fucking amazing book and I want nothing more than to curl myself back into it's pages.

Dark, raw, amazing, real and truly beautiful.


Rating: 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment