Monday, July 20, 2015

Blitz: #Poser by Cambria Hebert

Title: #Poser
Series: Hashtag Series #5
Author: Cambria Hebert
Release Date: August 18, 2015

Posers gonna pose
I am a man who had nothing, but found everything.
I’ll never go back to nothing ever again.
I vowed to protect her, and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. 
The pictures I stumbled upon haunt me still, the secret I shoulder is heavy.
They say secrets put distance between two people, but the truth is far more destructive than keeping it will ever be. 
I won’t ever tell. She can’t ever know.
When I look in the mirror my reflection is of who I’m afraid I’ll become and not the man I am. 
It makes me feel like a poser, no better than all the others pretending to be exactly who they aren’t.
How does a man keep it together when everything is unraveling right here in his hands?
I didn’t start any of this.
I never asked for it.
But it came knocking at my door. 
When secrets and threats knock, I don’t hide.
I open the door. 
Because the best way to take down a poser is to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment