Sunday, July 5, 2015

Review: #Selfie by Cambria Hebert

#Selfie (Hashtag, #4)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: #Selfie
Series: Hashtag #4
Author: Cambria Hebert
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook.
Website: www.cambriahebert.com
*I purchased this book myself.*

GoodReads Summary:
It’s all about the #Selfie.
She was the one girl I never wanted.
Until I had her.
One night.
One mistake.
Something we both wanted to forget.
I got rid of the proof. The one piece of evidence that could remind us both.
At least, I thought I did.
When it shows up on the school Buzzfeed, rumors fly. Friendships are tested and the feels get real.
I don’t do relationships. I don’t open my heart.
Especially for a girl everyone knows I hate.
What happens during spring break, stays in spring break.
Until it follows you home.



Review:
 I only have one bad thing to say about this book, so I'll get it out of the way first. I have to admit that, so far, this is my least favorite cover of the entire Hashtag series (#Hater is my favorite). The guy does kind of represent Braeden's cockiness well but I just don't care for him. Obviously, this is a personal opinion. Not everyone is going to find the same guy attractive in the same way.

I think the designs on the other covers are amazing but, on this one, it looks like he has really hairy arms and shoulders or something. Not that there's anything wrong with that.  You rock on, hairy dudes.  I just feel like it should have been cleaned up a little bit more.

Ironically, my least favorite cover adorns my most favorite book in the series. Yes, you read that correctly. Very rarely does a book so far into the series take the number one spot for me but this one does. I absolutely loved Romeo and Rimmel but Braeden and Ivy were on a completely different level for me. I couldn't get enough of them. I had to find out what happened in their story so badly that I read over half the book in one sitting and finished it as fast as I could the next day.

A lot of my suspicions, plot-wise, from the previous books confirmed in #Selfie and they were every bit as awesome and heartbreaking as I expected them to be.

We learn a lot about Ivy and Braeden as characters and they are absolutely beautiful in their pain.

We also learn who the BuzzBoss is. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but this one kept me guessing. Every chapter had me thinking it was someone different and, though I wasn't shocked at the reveal, it was a pleasant surprise.

I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to find out more in #Poser.

Rating: 5 Stars.
Character: Braeden & Ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment