Friday, July 31, 2015

Review: The Deepest Cut by J.A. Templeton

The Deepest Cut (MacKinnon Curse, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: The Deepest Cut
Series: MacKinnon Curse #1
Author: J.A. Templeton
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook.
Website: www.jatempleton.com
*I purchased this book myself.*

GoodReads Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Riley Williams has been able to see ghosts since the car crash that took her mother’s life and shattered her family. Guilt-ridden over the belief that she’s somehow responsible for her mom’s death, Riley is desperate to see her mother’s elusive spirit to gain her forgiveness.

When her father moves the family to Scotland so they can all start over, Riley believes her life couldn’t get worse––that is until the ghost of nineteen-year-old Ian MacKinnon catches her purposely cutting herself. An uneasy truce quickly turns into friendship, and soon Riley’s falling hard for Ian.

Riley believes her gift could help Ian end the curse that has kept him tied to the land for centuries, but that would mean letting him go forever and she’s not sure she is strong enough to do that. As if her life wasn’t complicated enough, the spirit of the woman who killed Ian returns and she’ll stop at nothing to keep Riley from helping Ian find eternal peace.
Review:
This book immediately caught my attention because it was a paranormal read and it had a main character that had a problem that I dealt with when I was younger.

As soon as I began reading, I was drawn into the story.  I didn't want to put the book down... and I rarely did.

I finished the book pretty quickly and was very pleased with it. It held my attention, had a great story, interesting characters and, although there were a few punctuation mistakes here and there, was very well written. (*Note: I wrote this review in 2012. If any changes have been made to the book since then, I am unaware.) At times, I couldn't help but compare it to Anna Dressed In Blood.

If you love stories that involve ghosts then I'm sure you will love The Deepest Cut. I cannot wait to read the next book and see where the story goes.

Rating:4 Stars.
Character: Riley & Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment