Sunday, August 16, 2015

Date Night Meanderings and Meeting Adi Alsaid! (Picture Heavy)


Thought I'd do just a little bloggy-blog today. It's been a while since I've just come here to tell you about my day or share some sort of life event. I really think that I'm going to start incorporating my life into the blog more as I had originally intended to do. I don't know if I want to consider this a "feature" and give it a name or just post randomly. Tell me in the comments below what you think I should do and any name ideas you might have. :)

So! On to the actual blog content.
My husband and I are fortunate enough to have my mother close by who, like a good grandmother should, enjoys spending time with her granddaughter. Because of this, we have dubbed Fridays as "Date Night" and my husband and I make a point to do something together, just the two of us. This weeks date night was a bit different because instead of us figuring out what we wanted to do together, my husband decided to surprise me.

He took me to the Chrysler Museum of Art! I really enjoy museums but have only gone to one other (the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC) so I was super excited to go!

They had some absolutely beautiful displays and I couldn't get enough of it. The art was amazing and the only thing I was a little disappointed in was the fact that the Photography exhibit was closed while we were there. I love photography so I really wanted to walk through there. 

They had a whole Garden exhibition going on and there were quite a few paintings to go along with it.  Here was my favorite. The colors are absolutely gorgeous.

Click Picture To Enlarge

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the name so if you know the name of this painting, please tell me in the comments below!
Here's some other pictures from the Chrysler Museum.

Click Photo To Enlarge
Click Photo To Enlarge

They also had a really beautiful garden that you could stroll through that opened at dusk and didn't close until sunset. I thought that was pretty neat.

Click the photo to enlarge.

After we left the museum, we decided to head to the mall for a treat.  We both got Reese's Peanut Butter milkshakes which were DElicious.

After I killed my lactose-intolerant body with enough dairy to last a lifetime, we decided to walk around the mall and window shop. This wouldn't be a book blog if I wasn't entirely obsessed with books and, having a husband that also enjoys a good book, we usually end up in Barnes & Noble if there is one nearby.  Today's trip turned out to be pretty epic because while we were looking around, it was announced over the loudspeaker that Adi Alsaid, author of Let's Get Lost and Never Always Sometimes, was doing a signing in the store... and we were like ten feet away from his table but somehow hadn't realized that anything was going on.

After I worked up enough courage, I decided to get copies of both books (which were already on my wishlist) and have him sign them.


Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with him or of him during the signing.  In all honesty, this was the very first book signing that I've EVER been to (I know, that's terrible, right??) and he was the very first author that I've ever met (with the exception of an author friend of mine that I met before she published her first book). I was so insanely nervous and pretty much made the whole entire encounter awkward as hell. I'm pretty sure that I stood there like a weirdo while he tried to chat my husband and I up and I barely said a word. I have quite a bit of public anxiety, especially in situations such as that.  I did get my books signed though!
So yay!

Overall, it was an absolutely amazing day and I can't thank my husband enough for being so awesome. 
<3












1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Friday!! How neat that you met the author and got the books signed! I have met a few authors, but I'd probably be at a loss for words too since it came out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete