Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Ipsy GlamBag (August 2015)


Yep!  It's Ipsy time again!
If you'd like to get your own bag,
click here!

THEME
This month's GlamBag theme was "Prep School". I wasn't too sure how I was going to feel about this bag but I knew that it would probably have a lot of great products. A prep school student wouldn't use crappy makeup, would they? ;)



THE BAG
I really liked the look of the bag in the pictures that were floating around the Ipsy website and Instagram page.  When I actually pulled the bag out of that pink mailer, I was ecstatic.  The clutch was so much better than I had originally thought it was going to be.  Instead of a cloth material, it's made out of a sturdier, plastic-type material.  I'm not sure exactly what the material is and I couldn't find anything online.  So far, it's one of my favorite bags.



The Products

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Blow Dry Spray
When I first pulled this item out, I kind of had mixed feelings about it.  I used to blow dry my hair every single time I would get out of the shower but this past year, I've really started to appreciate the way my hair looks when it air dries. So, I'm not sure how much use I will get out of this product.  I do really love the smell of it, though.  It smells absolutely amazing but I'm not sure if that is enough for me to keep it.  I may end up giving this item away.






Hikari Lip Gloss (Salsa)
To be completely honest, I was not excited for this product at all.  Anytime I pull a lip gloss out of my Ipsy I do a little dramatic sigh (in my head).  I do not like lip gloss. I don't like the way it feels, I don't like the shininess of it, I don't even like the way it applies.  I don't like anything about it except maybe how vibrant the colors are sometimes. Although this was a great color, I just couldn't do it. I've already shipped it off to my friend Ashley (who doesn't despise lip gloss). I did take some swatches though, so I'll share those below.








Amino Herbal Hyration Mask
I was super excited to see this in my bag.  I absolutely LOVE face masks but the skin on my face is really dry and kind of sensitive to certain products so I have yet to find a mask that actually works for me.  Even ones that are "made for dry skin" leave my face feeling tight and flaky and worse than before.  I have already used this product twice and I love that it's sensitive enough for daily use. I will post a full review of this product soon. 








Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen (Black)
This one was a little intimidating.  I suck at liquid eyeliner. But I do definitely plan on using this one and practicing my skills. The good thing is, if I can't figure out how to do my eyeliner well, I can always use it for Halloween! I plan on possibly doing a sugar skull makeup this year and this will definitely make drawing it on easier!








Lord & Berry Nude Lipliner (#3035)
This has to be the most "prep school" item in the entire bag.  Just the name screams preppy "I should be in Blair Waldorf's bag!". I'm actually really looking forward to using this product. I never wore lispstick much so I never had a need for lipliner. Now that I've started wearing lipsticks more, I'm venturing into the unknown and, again, if I don't like it, it'll come in handy for Halloween!




Overall, I was decently happy with this bag.  I think I was more impressed with the bag itself than by the products inside but I can see myself getting some use out of them.  My favorite product was definitely the Amino Herbal Hydration Mask.





No comments:

Post a Comment