Thursday, May 12, 2016

Exploring Texas: Mother's Day At The Amarillo Botanical Gardens

When I was looking for things to do around Amarillo, my Google search suggested The Amarillo Botanical Gardens and I knew that, at some point during our stay here, we'd have to check it out.  As much as I love nature and florals, I have never had the opportunity to go the a botanical garden.  The closer it got to Mother's Day, I kept trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my day and I kept coming up empty.  My mind simply kept drawing a blank and I couldn't decide. So a couple days before, we decided it would be the perfect time to check out Cadillac Ranch (there will be a pt. 2 to this post) and the botanical gardens.

So that morning, I heated up the breakfast that I had prepped the day before and then we headed out. We first went to Cadillac Ranch and then drove around for a little bit trying to figure out where we wanted to go for lunch. I'm a great day planner, can't you tell? ;) So we ended up at Panda Express, which is always delicious and one of my faves, and then we went in search of our main destination.  We started to get a little worried when my husband realized that Google said it was closed on that day and I was bummed. I really wanted to go there. It was pretty much the main attraction for the day and if it had been closed, I would've had no idea what to do with the rest of our day.  Being optimistic, we decided to check it out anyway and were super happy to find that it was open! The guy said that it was just too much trouble for them to do all the necessary stuff to get Google to change all the information, considering their hours change multiple times a year, so they just left it the way it was. My lesson for you?  Call and see, even if Google tells you the place is closed! You might end up surprised!  So anyway, it was open and it was even more awesome because Bella got in for free and it was almost like we were the only people there. There was an older couple there and towards the end another family showed up. So we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves, which was amazing.

So, yeah! That's my long-winded introduction. :)  Now on to the pictures!  You'll also find a video of our little adventure at the bottom of this post. 

Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my new YouTube channel! Putting up new videos every Thursday. Click here to go check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment