Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon A Read-a-thon Tuesday Update & Mini Challenges

The Readathon is hosted by Lori at Pure Imagination, Angela and Loretta at Reading Angels and  Candace at Candace's Book Blog.




Updates
I'm still on Pretty Little Liars.  Between taking care of baby and house, I've only been able to get a few pages further through it.  Hopefully I'll be able to change that before the challenge ends.


 Mini Challenges
Photobucket
This mini challenge is hosted by Kristin at  Better Read Than Dead.

You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take?
Well, for starters, it definitely would not be the Sam and Dead apocalypse because they would be my goal destination.  Find Sam and Dean!  As for the two books I would take...  I would love to say two of my favorite books or something but I would have to choose something practical.  Since I've always envision the apocalypse being global warming/climate/weather related, I would have to choose something along the lines of SAS Survival Handbook, For Any Climate, In Any Situtation and How To Survive The End of The World as We Know It.
As for the other three items I would take with me; I would take my daughter, obviously.  My breast pump (and it's accessories!) because my daughter cannot breastfeed and my milk is free and I would be able to keep my supply up.  Third, I would take my husband because he would be able to survive things and would know how to do things that I would never be able to.  The men in his family are very nature/outdoorsy/survivalist oriented and know a lot about different situations.  Plus, there was no rule saying he couldn't bring all the other items we would need.  heh.



ib book blogging button by parajunkee design
This mini challenge is hosted by Bailey at IB Book Blogging.

Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends.
This is such a hard one!  I even consulted my husband on this one.  His only suggestions was Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.  Eric is his favorite.  :)
If I had to choose...  I would say the looks and erm...talents... of Christian from Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, the accent of Jack from Cry Wolf by Tami Hoag, the personality and protectiveness of Marc from the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent and the sense of humor and quirkiness of Jace from the same series. I'm sure that if I really took the time to sit down and think about this (it would take me hours) I could come up with a lot more.  But yeah, that's it for now.  :P



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment