Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #1

GoodReads Summary:
They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever.

And I've always believed them.
Until now.
Now everything has changed.
Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.
This book is just beautiful. The cover, the words, the characters, all of it beautiful. It’s funny that in the world Lauren Oliver has created, love is a disease, something to be cured, and treated, love is exactly what I felt for Delirium. I absolutely loved it.

This is one of those stories that you don’t read everyday. It was something new and exciting. Every word in this has you hanging, dying to continue and find out what will come next.

It was hard to imagine the world that Lena, Alex, and Hana live in. A world without love. It makes you realize how much it inhabits your life everyday and what it would be like without it.

And that ending! Lauren Oliver, how dare you!

I really cannot wait to sink into Pandemonium.


Characters:  Alex, Lena, Hana and Grace.
Rating: 5 Stars.
 photo blue5.png
*I bought this book with my own money.





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment