Thursday, July 12, 2018

Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

Let's Get Lost
Cover Source: GoodReads
Title: Let's Get Lost
Author: Adi Alsaid
Narrator: Amanda Leigh Cobb
Version Reviewed: Finished, Audiobook
Website: www.adialsaid.com
I borrowed this audiobook from my local library.

GoodReads Synopsis:
Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost.

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named Leila. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth—sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.
Review:
I've already told the story of how I came into possession of the hardback of this book in review for Never Always Sometimes, so I won't repeat it here. But I will say that it was a big deal for me and, therefore, these books hold a special place in my heart. That being said, I didn't really enjoy Never Always Sometimes very much so I was a little nervous going into Let's Get Lost. I was afraid that I was going to end up being disappointed again.  I was also nervous because this audiobook, which is the version I'm reviewing, has the same narrator as Never Always Sometimes and I was definitely not a fan of her performance in that book.

I am so relieved to say that this book and it's narration were soooo much better than Never Always Sometimes. I thought the story for that book had a lot of potential but fell kind of flat. This one, however, was a great story that actually held my attention and made me curious about what was going to happen next.

Though I wasn't expecting it, I loved the constant change in point of views. Each character in this book had their own story to tell and needed their own chapters to really express the importance of Leila's affect on their lives. Each of them were beautiful and raw and pretty realistic in their issues. For this reason, I really enjoyed Let's Get Lost.  It's  story of how one person can change the lives of those around her and I thought it was a beautiful adventure.

Also, Stoner Timmy was a bright and shining star.

Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment