Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Review: Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Forbidden
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: Forbidden
Author: Tabatha Suzuma
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook.
*I bought this book with my own money.*


GoodReads Summary:
She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.

Review:
(Review was written in 2013 but never posted).
I have tried for so long to get my hands on this book and I finally did.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading it, but that didn't matter because I was soon caught up in each page and each word.

I know a lot of people probably have this book on their "Do Not Read" list because of the subject it's about is extremely taboo. I've never had this problem because I tend to seek out book with topics that make people uncomfortable. They seem to make the most interesting reads and the biggest impact on me, emotionally.

By the end of Forbidden, I cried twice and immediately discussed the book with m y husband. I'm really glad that I bought it because I plan to read it again in the future.

Even if you're afraid or disgusted by the subject matter or you're unsure, I ask you to give it a try.  Just try it.  You have the power to put it down whenever you like, but I urge you to at least give Forbidden a chance.  It might just surprise you.

Favorite Character: Maya & Lochan
Rating: 5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment