Friday, April 1, 2016

Review: #Rev by Cambria Hebert

#Rev (GearShark, #2)
Cover Source: GoodReads.com
Title: #Rev
Author: Cambria Hebert
Series: GearShark #2
Version Reviewed: Finished, eBook
Website: www.cambriahebert.com
I purchased this book myself.

GoodReads Synopsis:
Trent Mask puts the REV in revolution.
A line has been drawn.
Indie vs Pro
Here at GearShark, we’re straddling that line to bring you exclusive coverage of what some have dubbed the war of racing.
Every war starts with a spark and ends in revolution.
Drew Forrester was the spark,
but his second-in-command is the REVolution.
What does it take to stand brave in the face of opposition?
resolve of steel…
Stubborn will…
And a heart that refuses to give up.
It isn’t just the drivers in this war.
The revolution is about more than just racing.
It’s about shattering labels and taking risks.
So we asked Trent Mask: Truth or Dare?
His answer?
Both.
Check out the full feature article inside…
Review:
I was so insanely excited for this book.  I can't even explain how excited.  I fell in love with the Hashtag series as soon as I read the first book and I hung on every word from there on out. I'd always had a spot in my heart for Trent but could never figure out what his place in the series was. He wasn't really a secondary character... but he wasn't a main character either. And he was so insanely loveable... but no one was loving him (as more than a friend, anyway). So I spent the entire series wondering what Cambria was going to do with his character. The closer the series came to ending, I was legitimately worried about him. His character was not arcing the way I expected him to. Nothing and no one was happening for him.

And then Drew showed up. Randomly, out of nowhere. I wondered why he showed up all of a sudden, so close to the series ending. Such a random time (though he totally worked in the story) to bring in a new character. And then he started interacting with Trent and they got along so well and I knew. I just knew.

I fell in love with them hard in #Junkie. It was the book that I was most excited for out of all of the Hashtag/GearShark books and I absolutely could not wait for it. I was so excited to witness these two characters that I loved so dearly learn more about themselves and each other. It was such an amazing experience to watch and read along as they discovered their love for one another and how they dealt with all the criticism and judgement from not only the outside world but themselves as well. They're discovery was beautiful and made for a monumental story.

#Rev picked up right where #Junkie left off (this satisfied a lot of people, I'm sure, because #Junkie ended on a cliffhanger) and we got to start immediately where we left the boys. So much happened in this book and I can honestly say that it was just as amazing as the first, if not more, because they finally got to fully love one another.  Unfortunately, they also had to deal with a lot of real-life disappointments in the terms of family and people they thought were their friends. Being gay and being in the spotlight isn't easy and they learn this the hard way.

I can very easily say that #Rev definitely made me fall even harder for Trent.  He's such a kind soul and I can relate to him quite a bit, actually.  From his home life to the way he sees himself and others around him.  I can see myself in him and it made me feel for his characters ten times more.

Drew is still the same awesome, sassy Drew that stole everyone's attention in the Hashtag series.  He reminds me a lot of Braeden (just a little more subdued and, well... gay). He and Trent compliment each other well and I couldn't get enough of them.

I am sad that this is the last Drew/Trent book but also excited that there are more books to come in the GearShark series.  Arrow managed to wiggle his Beiber-like self into my heart and I cannot wait to learn more about him! I'm not that huge a fan of Lorhaven, but I'm curious of him as well and I'm excited to read their stories.

Hands down, another must-read from Cambria Hebert.

Rating:  5 Stars.
Favorite Character: All of them, seriously.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for taking the time to read #Rev and leave a review. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I so love #Rev too. I just wish to read more, like really really. *sighs* I just love how Cambria write her characters.

    ReplyDelete