Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Roadtrip: Virginia to Texas!

My husband travels a lot for work and, because of this, we don't get to see him as much as we'd like. He can be gone for a week or months, depending on how long each of those places need him and his expertise. We've spent all of 2015 in Virginia but, since he has to move a lot and our daughter needs a stable home as she will need to start speech therapy and headstart soon, we've decided to set up a home-base in Kentucky so that she and I can be around familiar faces when he's away.

He's been working away from us since the beginning of the year and we had only seen him for about three weekends out of that total time, so we decided to go stay with him for a while... and then he got some surprising news! He had to leave for Texas for a month or so! None of us have ever been to Texas and we were super excited to see a new place so we decided to tag along. :)  Here are some of the photos from along the way and at the end of this post, you'll find a video of our roadtrip and a link to my new YouTube channel! Please like and subscribe! It would mean the world to me! <3

We decided to stop in Mississippi for the night. My best friend lives in Mississippi so we decided to pay her a visit and borrow her pull out couch. :)  We hadn't seen each other since her daughter's first birthday (she just turned 3) so we were way past due for a visit.  We got some friend time in, Bella got to play with her girls and I got to see her beautiful pregnant belly. <3  Bella calls every cat she sees "Mow Mow" so Ashlee's cat was her obsession for the short time that we were there.  This girl loves here kitties, apparently. She wouldn't let it out of her sight. But we had good company, a comfy pull out, and some good coffee (seriously how big is this coffee cup!?).
And then we entered Louisiana. Oh, my beautiful Louisiana.  It holds #1 in my heart for favorite states and I can't get enough. The food, the weather, the beautiful scenery, the culture, the... everything. I've always had a strange obsession with Louisiana and we had the pleasure of being able to live there briefly in 2013. My daughter was born in Baton Rouge and we moved when she was four months old. I hadn't been back since so it was a very much needed visit, even if we were only there for a short period of time. 

It was getting late at that point in the day so we decided to stop and grab some food and get a hotel room. We didn't get to stop at our favorite seafood place but we did stop at Fezzo's and it was pretty good. The best parts of the entire meal were the fried catfish and alligator bites. Seriously, it was the best catfish and alligator that I've ever had. The fried crawfish was okay but I wasn't insanely impressed by it. I didn't try Brad's etouffee but he devoured it, so I'm going to assume it was delicious.  :)  If you get a chance to go, definitely try their Seafood Platter as an appetizer and the Seafood Combo (definitely get the catfish!) as an entree. So good!

We got a nearby hotel for that night and the next morning I looked out our window and laughed. It was the perfect view. I seriously loved it. Brad said that only someone that loves Louisiana as much as I do could appreciate that view. 
Seriously, how pretty is that color? Ignore my horrible nails, please.
I was super sad to say goodbye to Louisiana for a second time, but it had to be done. I didn't get many photos from our arrival in Texas because it was getting dark at that point, but I did get a few. It stormed really bad on us most of the time but it was still nice to see Dallas. I'll do some more posts and videos sharing our adventures while in Amarillo soon. :)

Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe to my brand new channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment