Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Week 26


Overview:  So I am 26 weeks pregnant today.  And I cannot believe how quickly the time is flying by!  I'm almost in my third trimester and it honestly feels like I just found out that I was pregnant.  A little background information for those that are new to this story, my husband and I were married in July of 2010.  About three days later, I went off of my birth control.  And nothing happened.  After ten months of trying, I was so afraid that I was not going to be able to conceive.  On Mother's Day in 2011, I found out that I was expecting.  At my first prenatal visit, things did not turn out the way we planned.  We were devastated to find out that the pregnancy was ectopic.  It was in my tubes, which meant that it had to be terminated.  Afterwards, we continued to try with no luck.  But in October of 2012, after tracking my ovulation days like crazy, I took a test and it was positive.  We were so excited to hear the baby's heartbeat, to see it on the ultrasound monitor, and to later find out that we were going to have a little girl.  



Cravings:  Orange Crush, sausage biscuits, Three Musketeers, birthday cake.

Symptoms: I have been so insanely tired and unable to sleep.  I lay in bed for hours, tossing and turning, with no luck.  I've been feeling nauseous on and off again, peeing all the time, and I still have to take allergy pills to deal with my post nasal drip.  

Movement:  She's been moving so much more!  She moves all the time and Daddy has finally gotten to feel and see her movements, kicks and nudges.  I've been feeling her higher up, with is such an amazing feeling.  I love knowing that that little human in there is healthy and mine.






post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment