Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Three Wonderful Years; Our Story

The very first picture we ever took together.

So today is our third anniversary.
I really can't believe it.  In a way it feels like we've been together forever and in others it feels like we have just started out.  In the long run, three years is just starting out, but given the common length of today's marriages, it seems, three years is quite a while.

We met in September of 2009 and were pretty much inseparable after that.  We began officially dating in November and in December of the same year, Brad proposed and we moved in with one another.  It was a really fast and unconventional courtship, but it worked.  I call it my whirlwind romance.  ;)


We got married on July 24th, 2010.  I had always wanted to get married young but had no idea that it was going to happen so soon after meeting him.  The night he proposed I actually thought he was breaking up with me.  We were visiting his friends and as we were laying in bed that night, we were talking about our future and I asked him the question most guys probably fear.  I asked him if he would ever marry me.  I wasn't asking him if he would marry me, I was pretty much asking if, in his opinion, was I marriage material.
He went completely silent and still.
I freaked out and even started tearing up because he just was not saying anything.  Turns out, he'd been planning to ask me but didn't have a ring yet.  I kind of jumped the gun (where does that expression come from??) and threw him for a loop when I asked him and he didn't know what to say.


We've been through a lot together; financial issues, job problems, fertility issues and so many more.  But each time, each situation has only brought us closer.  
On Mother's Day, 2011, I found out I was pregnant.  We'd been trying since we got married to no avail.  The pregnancy ended up being ectopic.  We were devastated and I didn't think I would ever be okay after that, but he's been strong enough for the both of us when I haven't been strong enough to stand up.

Putting up the crib.

I did end up getting pregnant again and though it was a rough pregnancy, full of medical complications and uncertainty, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.  And all because of him. 

He's a wonderful husband and an even more amazing father.


We welcomed our daughter, Isabella Faythe on June 29th, 2013 at 4:26pm.  He has given me something I was beginning to think I would never have, a child.  He's given me even more than that though.  I honestly don't know what I would do without this man in my life.  He understands me in ways no one else ever has and he's the most understanding person I've ever known.  If we argue and I cry, he holds me and calms me down even if he's upset with me.  I can't think of a lot of people that would do that.

I am so thankful to have him in my life.  I love him so much I think my heart could explode.  And if I needed any more reasons to love him?

Look at that smile, ladies.  I mean, c'mon!


And another one of her just because it's freaking adorable and I can't get enough of it right now.



I can't wait to spend the rest of my years with him.





post signature

2 comments: